From DoWire Wiki
Feel free to print/e-mail this text. This page with links to case studies and briefs is located at: http://dowire.org/wiki/UK_highlights
Over 60 e-democracy experts and practitioners around the world joined a participatory process to collect global best practices in e-democracy relevant to local authorities in the UK. Here are our project Case Studies and topical Briefs.
Learn more about many of these case studies and topics from International Symposium on Local E-Democracy presentations and handouts.
Case studies - project-focused
See the UK final case studies summary for a short overview with summaries. Scroll down for the "briefs" just below.
- Canadian International Policy eDiscussions
- Play video (Quicktime)
- Community Blogging - Northfield, Minnesota
- Community Forums and News in Subang Jaya - Malaysia
- Listening to the City - New York City
- Madrid Participa
- NordPol - Northern Denmark
- Queensland's E-democracy Leadership
- Seoul's Online Policy Forum
- Seattle's Online Civic Engagement Initiative
- See end of article for video information
Don't miss the bonus items on our Case Study List that are in progress and will remain on DoWire.Org.
Briefs - on online features with examples
A compilation of all Briefs in Word format is available.
- Advanced Web Comment Forms
- Budget Proposals Online
- Content Syndication
- Community Portals
- Democracy Portal
- Democratized Navigation
- Elected Official Videos
- E-mail Response Policy
- Geographic Personalisation
- M-Democracy - Mobile Content
- SMS Citizen Input
- Voter Education Online
- Wireless Internet
This initiative was supported by the UK Local E-democracy National Project and coordinated by Steven Clift.
For the new DoWire site including e-mail news, a blog, the original "Newswire," online groups, and a collaborative wiki, visit: